McEuen Park is the largest playground in Coeur d’Alene – discover the hundreds of activities that you can enjoy here in this guide by Best of Coeur d’Alene.
If over 82% of the 50,000 people living in Coeur d’Alene have the opportunity to live within a 10-minute walk from a park, it is mostly thanks to the stunning McEuen Park. Nestled between the thriving downtown area of CDA and the stunning Lake Coeur D’Alene, McEuen Park is undoubtedly one of the most popular, exciting, and dynamic green areas in the city.
Thanks to its state-of-the-art facilities, myriad of events, and prime location just by the water edge, McEuen Park is among the best places to visit in Coeur d’Alene.
The History of McEuen Family Park
McEuen Family Park has always been one of the most important assets for the city of CDA. Because of its popularity within the local community, the park received a $20-million facelift in 2014, making it one of the most prominent, modern, and exciting parks CDA has to offer today.
The reconstruction of the 20-acres park at the center of downtown CDA opened up over 3 acres of parkland and allowed for the construction of an extensive parking lot and new facilities. Today, the park includes a luxury promenade for pedestrians, the largest playground in the city, and even spaces with the ability to welcome over 300 people. No wonder the park has become the focal point of the entire community!
Visit McEuen Park – The Best Coeur d’Alene Park in 2022
The 22.5-acres McEuen Park is today the largest and most treasured playground in Coeur D’Alene. Thanks to its colorful splash pad, tennis court, and dedicated dog park, McEuen Park presents itself as a great alternative for families and friends alike.
Some of the park’s features include:
- The Avista Papillon event center, which can host up to 300 people
- The Rotary Harbor House, a waterfront concession stand and restroom facilities for all park visitors
- Grand Plaza
- Veterans Memorial
- 4-acre green area for larger events with up to 5,000 people
Thanks to the park’s strategic location and facilities, it has become a great starting point for visitors and locals looking to enjoy a boat lunch, a lake tour, or hikes up the wonderful Tubbs Hill.
If you love hiking and you find yourself in McEuen Park, you can’t miss out on walking the last section of the 60-mile long Centennial Trail, which runs right through the park and ends at Higgins Point on Coeur d’Alene Lake.
Some activities you shouldn’t miss out on when visiting McEuen Park include:
- Live After 5 – an outdoor live music event that starts after 5 pm every Wednesday
- The splash pad – while the park cannot be considered a water park, it offers plenty of water features to keep cool in summer and enjoy free playtime
- The Osprey Cam – ospreys have always been inhabitants of the park, which now features 3 live footage cameras observing pole top osprey nests. If you are interested in wildlife, don’t forget to check them out!
- The beach – McEuen Park offers one of the best beaches in CDA, unmissable for anyone who visits in summer!
What You Need To Know Before Visiting McEuen Park
McEuen Park is designed to be easily accessible by anyone – and you can find the main entrance to the playground by following South 4th Street from the downtown area. Some of the facilities you can expect at McEuen Park:
- Dogs are allowed and there is even an off-leash dedicated area
- Restroom and waterfront concessions
- Wifi locations
- Splash pad water park
- Open grass areas
- Tennis and Basketball courts