The term “1099” refers to the 1099-MISC tax form that Coeur d’Alene companies are required to send to the IRS for any individuals (other than employees on a payroll) who receive $600 or more in a calendar year.

Any Idaho company that pays an on-demand worker $600 or more a year is required to report the amount paid on form 1099-MISC, sending a copy to the worker and to the IRS. but workers are not responsible for 1099s. on demand workers are not required to have a 1099 form, do not have to request a 1099 form if you don’t get one, and do not attach the 1099 form to your tax return. It does not matter the income is taxable. It is part of, or maybe all of, your self-employment income.